Wednesday 24 July 2013

Bleu de Travail

I picked up this jacket in Paris over a year ago. I've worn it lots around Dublin. This is me wearing my bleu de travail with my girlfriend Sarah.


Photo: Stylehunter (Darren Kennedy helpmystyle.ie)
Darach Mac Mathúna and Sarah Hashish




I fell in love with the simplicity of the cut and material, the functional pockets and its almost heavy shirt like quality. It looks like a worker's jacket and in France is known as the bleu de travail. A French family showed me some of their great grandfather's original bleu de travail jackets dating from the beginning of the 20th century and before.


Photo: Hickorees.com
Photo: Mr Newton (streetstyle)




It has become quite popular as a jacket in recent months, both on the streets and catwalk.

I photographed Thomas, in Dublin wearing a suit like version of the blue jacket. He tells me that there is one being made for me in Africa. I hope he's not joking.

Thomas with his blue suit











No comments:

Post a Comment